Hosted by Heriot-Watt University Dubai Campus in partnership with CEVA Logistics.
About this event:
Robustness of supply chain is the bloodline of any functional trade environment. It is therefore a key pillar of an efficient global economy. The supply chain is however often invisible, and it only becomes noticeable if it fails to cope with unpredictable trends that extensively impact the producer & consumer behavior. COVID19 pandemic sent shockwaves through global supply chain whereby the end users did not have sufficient confidence in the existing supply chain model. To avoid shortages, there was a somewhat paradigm shift from lean inventory management to buffer stock approach. This change, coupled with an increase of online shopping in mature markets, was at the core of a behaviour-induced logistics bottlenecks.
Supply chains will continue to face shockwaves of different magnitude. From instances such as rising oil & gas prices to significant port congestions, we must be ready to react much faster and become more flexible in the future because we have witnessed that when supply chain disruptions emerge, they can advance at unprecedented speeds.
- Attend our seminar on Resilience of global supply chain: COVID-19 shockwaves and beyond to get deeper insights on the following aspects:
- Pre-COVID supply chain – a calm state
- Unpredictability followed by behavior change – storm clouds gathering
- Shortages vs buffer stock – in the midst of a storm
- Post COVID – the time it takes to clear the clouds
- New supply chain challenges – rising oil prices, sustainability drive, automation, corridors blockage etc.
There will be an opportunity for Q&A.
Mr. Axel Herzhauser – Regional Managing Director for Middle East & Africa, CEVA Logistics.
He has 25 years and experience in leadership role and worked in Europe, Asia and the Middle East in supply chain, logistics and freight forwarding. He will cover the key takeaways from the recent disruption which affected supply chain professionals and how they can build a more resilient logistics and supply chains for the future.
Date: November 24th, 2022
Time: 17:00h CET (20:00h GST)
Venue: ONLINE: To register, please visit: https://lnkd.in/d94pQA7T